The Thyroid gland influences nearly every cell in the body and has crucial roles in controlling metabolic rate and energy levels. Unfortunately, Thyroid disorders remain one of the most underdiagnosed health conditions, resulting in patients having to live with many of the debilitating symptoms.
Thyroid Function Test
This test reports on TSH, FT3, Ft4, rT3, Ratios, TPOAb, ATG Ab, TSH rec Abs
These markers give significant diagnostic information on how the Thyroid is working. The regular blood test for Thyroid, which reports serum TSH and T4, can be misleading without the full spectrum of markers being included. This results in many people with impaired Thyroid function being misdiagnosed. This is particularly common with subclinical hypothyroidism but can also occur with hyperthyroidism.
- Low metabolic rate or extremely high metabolic rate
- Joint stiffness
- Arthritis and inflammatory diseases
- Cardiovascular disease, including high cholesterol.
- Memory and mood disorders
- Dry skin and thinning hair
- Difficulty in losing weight or uncontrolled weight loss.