The Carb Choice AMY 1 Gene Test
It takes the guesswork out of what your body needs nutritionally and will allow you to make the best food choices for your health.
This DNA test will reveal your tolerance to starch in carbohydrates by testing the AMY 1 salivary amylase gene.
AMY 1 gene Produces the Enzyme Amylase
Amylase is found in saliva and begins the process of carbohydrate digestion in the mouth. It plays a major role in the digestion of starch, a carbohydrate found in grains, legumes, vegetables, nuts, and seeds. It also influences pancreatic amylase, which is involved with carbohydrate digestion in the small intestine.
Knowing your Amy 1 gene variation will reveal the following.
- How effectively you can metabolise and tolerate carbohydrates and gluten
- Are carbohydrates contributing to increased weight
- Whether carbohydrates are contributing to your diabetes risk
- How many grams of carbohydrates should you be eating each day to achieve or maintain good health
- What are the best forms of carbohydrates for you, and what should be avoided?
- Your effectiveness at metabolising carbohydrates for energy?
- Knowing if certain carbohydrates affect your physical wellbeing?
Confused about Carbs? … Are they good or not? … Are Starchy Foods a Problem?
The Carb Choice profile is a comprehensive 36-page health report giving clear information about your relationship with carbs. Along with information specific to your own AMY1 gene variation, it includes extensive dietary information to make food and lifestyle choices easy.
You will know what foods will naturally increase your amylase and what foods you will want to limit to decrease amylase levels. There are also exercise suggestions based on your gene variation.
Knowing your AMY1 gene variation will eliminate any confusion about carbs and starches and how they affect you.