The Carb Choice AMY 1 Gene Test
This takes the guess work out of what your body needs nutritionally and will allow you to make the best food choices for your health.
This DNA test will reveal your tolerance to starch in carbohydrates by testing the AMY 1 salivary amylase gene.
AMY 1 gene is the gene that produces the enzyme amylase
Amylase is found in saliva and begins the process of carbohydrate digestion in the mouth. It plays a major role in the digestion of starch which is a carbohydrate found in grains, legumes, vegetables, nuts and seeds. It also influences pancreatic amylase which is involved with carbohydrate digestion in the small intestine.
Knowing your Amy 1 gene variation will reveal the following
- How effectively you are able to metabolise and tolerate carbohydrates
- How effectively you can metabolise and tolerate gluten
- Are carbohydrates contributing to increased weight
- Are carbohydrates contributing to diabetes risk
- How many grams of carbohydrates should you be eating each day to achieve or maintain good health
- What are the best forms of carbohydrates for you and what should be avoided.
- How effectively do you metabolise carbohydrates for energy.
- How will certain carbohydrates affect your physical wellbeing.
Are you confused about carbs? Are they good for you or not? Are starchy foods a problem?
The Carb Choice profile is a comprehensive 36 page health report which will give clear information about your relationship with carbs. Along with information specific to your own AMY1 gene variation it includes extensive dietary information to make food and lifestyle choices easy .
You will know what foods will naturally increase your amylase and what foods you will want to limit that will decrease amylase levels. There are also exercise suggestions based around your gene variation.
Knowing your AMY1 gene variation will take away any confusion you may have about carbs and starches and how they affect you.